Are you majoring or minoring in the
College of Liberal Arts?
The ATLAS (Advising Teaching Liberal Arts Students) Network is a collaboration of professional advisors and faculty committed to the satisfaction and success of Liberal Arts majors at CSULB. As the Advising Center for the College of Liberal Arts, our trained advisors are not only qualified to assist students with their overall degree and general education requirements, they are also experts at guiding students in the exploration of academic options, reviewing academic requirements, and troubleshooting student issues and concerns. We’re here to help you on your road to graduation so contact us today!
NO DROP-IN ADVISING FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9TH
Drop-In Advising will not be available on Friday, October 9th. Please plan to come during one of our other drop-in sessions:
Monday: 1pm – 3pm
Tuesday: 10am – 12pm
Wednesday: 10am – 12pm
Thursday: 2pm – 4pm
Attention CLA Freshmen!
Fall 2015 College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Mandatory Advising Workshops are available now! Sign-up for a workshop to learn about academic requirements, plan your spring 2016 schedule, and get your freshman advising hold lifted. To RSVP for a workshop, log on to Advisor Connect, and read the document linked below for step-by-step instructions. If your declared major is outside of CLA but you wish to pursue a CLA major, contact our office to sign-up for a workshop.
- Beach Learning Community (BLC) students will be advised by the University Center for Undergraduate Advising.
- Student Athletes will be advised by the Bickerstaff Advising Center.
- International Students will be advised by the Center for International Education.
College of Liberal Arts Major Advising
In the College of Liberal Arts, advising occurs in the department/discipline you have chosen as your academic major. Advising is a shared responsibility between you and your major advisor. We suggest you meet regularly with your faculty advisor to ensure you stay on track with your major and degree completion requirements.
Follow these simple guidelines so you and your advisor can spend your time more effectively strategizing your career path and assessing your progress:
- Review your Academic Requirements Report prior to meeting with an advisor to become familiar with your remaining requirements. For instructions on how to access this report, see the Enrollment Services guide.
- Have a list of questions ready.
- Be an active participant in your meeting – it’s your life and your plan!
- If you are meeting to discuss course selection, review the available classes beforehand on My.CSULB.
- Be on time! Be courteous and call ahead or email if you cannot make your appointment time.
- Keep your records all together in one file that you can bring to each meeting with your advisor.