Are you majoring or minoring in the
College of Liberal Arts?
The ATLAS (Advising Teaching Liberal Arts Students) Network is a collaboration of professional advisors and faculty committed to the satisfaction and success of Liberal Arts majors at CSULB. As the Advising Center for the College of Liberal Arts, our trained advisors are not only qualified to assist students with their overall degree and general education requirements, they are also experts at guiding students in the exploration of academic options, reviewing academic requirements, and troubleshooting student issues and concerns. We’re here to help you on your road to graduation so contact us today!
ATLAS Hours on Friday, March 27
Drop-In Advising: 10am – 12pm
Office Hours: 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 3pm
Spring Break Hours – March 30 through April 3
Drop-In Advising Hours
Monday & Wednesday: 1pm – 3pm
Thursday & Friday: 10am – 12pm
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 4pm
Friday: 9am – 1pm
Campus will be closed on Tuesday, March 31st to observe Cesar Chavez Day
Attention CLA Freshmen
Spring 2015 CLA Mandatory Advising Workshops are available now! You have the opportunity to attend a workshop that is specifically geared towards your CLA major; however, spaces are limited, so RSVP today! If you cannot attend a Major-Specific Workshop, you may sign up for an All-Majors Workshop, open to all CLA majors. To RSVP for a workshop, log on to Advisor Connect, and read the document linked below for step-by-step instructions.
- Beach Learning Community (BLC) students will be advised by the University Center for Undergraduate Advising.
- Student Athletes will be advised by the Bickerstaff Advising Center.
College of Liberal Arts Major Advising
In the College of Liberal Arts, advising occurs in the department/discipline you have chosen as your academic major. Advising is a shared responsibility between you and your major advisor. We suggest you meet regularly with your faculty advisor to ensure you stay on track with your major and degree completion requirements.
Follow these simple guidelines so you and your advisor can spend your time more effectively strategizing your career path and assessing your progress:
- Bring an updated copy of your Academic Requirements Report (be sure to click on “Expand All” before your print so you have the most complete information. Save ink and print it in black and white).
- Have a list of questions ready.
- Be an active participant in your meeting – it’s your life and your plan!
- If you are meeting to discuss course selection, review the available classes beforehand on My.CSULB.
- Be on time! Be courteous and call ahead or email if you cannot make your appointment time.
- Keep your records all together in one file that you can bring to each meeting with your advisor.