Campus Resources for Students
Career Development Center
Phone: (562) 985-4151
Services and resources provided by the Career Development Center include:
- BeachLINK (job & internship postings, registration for CDC workshops)
- Résumé writing workshop
- GRE, GMAT & LSAT strategy sessions
- Graduate school admissions workshop
- Internship & job search information
- Interviewing techniques workshop
Center for International Education
Phone: (562) 985-4106
Information and advising on opportunities for international study, internships, and work abroad programs. Other services include international and exchange student programs, English language training, and the Global Learning Options for a Broader Education (GLOBE) Program.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
Phone: (562) 985-4001
Available to all students, full confidentiality is maintained except where reporting is required by law. Basic services are offered at no charge to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students.
- Crisis assistance (drop in and phone)
- Group & individual counseling
- Workshops on self-esteem, relationships, test & public speaking anxiety
- Faculty Guide for Assisting Distressed Students
Disabled Student Services
Phone: (562) 985-5401
- Academic support for disabled students (tutoring, disabled parking, reader service, note takers, testing accommodations, etc.)
- Deaf & hearing impaired support services
Phone: (562) 985-5471 (automated)
- Registration information
- Key semester dates and deadlines
- Using My.CSULB
Phone: (562) 985-8403
The financial aid window and phone line are available for questions related to financial aid and disbursements. On their website is information on how to apply for aid, types of aid available to students, how to accept your award and disbursement of funds.
Learning Assistance Center
Phone: (562) 985-5350
Provides drop-in and individual tutoring for a low fee, offers Supplemental Instruction classes (students must enroll during registration period) and groups and presents learning skills workshops.
Scholarship Information Center
Phone: (562) 985-2549
Information on scholarships available to students, including the 49er Textbook Scholarship which provides $200 book scholarships to 10 students each semester. Website is searchable by scholarship name, application deadline and category.
Stephen Benson Program
Phone: (562) 985-4430
- Diagnostic testing for learning disabilities
- Counsels and provides academic support to students with learning disabilities
Student Health Services
Location: SHS building
Phone: (562) 985-4771
The Student Health Center provides medical care for all matriculated CSULB students. Fast Track/Urgent Care (same day appointment) is available for acute illness. Doctor visits and many lab tests are free of charge, and medications prescribed are available at low cost.
Testing, Evaluation and Assessment
Phone: (562) 985-4007
Students must attempt the WPE by the semester in which they attain 65 units or a hold will be placed on their registration. If this hold is on the student’s record, they must see the testing office.
Women’s & Gender Equity Center
Phone: (562) 985-8575
Provides peer advocacy and crisis intervention, weekly networking, support groups, programs addressing women’s issues, and a lounge for studying, meetings, and socializing.
Writer’s Resource Lab
Phone: (562) 985-4329
Provides one-on-one tutoring related to the writing process. Helps students develop proofreading and revising skills as well as dealing with style issues and choosing topics.