CLA Learning Communities
Students in the College of Liberal Arts enjoy a unique experience! If you choose to participate in a Learning Community, you will take a few classes with a group of fellow Liberal Arts students.
What courses are included in the CLA Learning Community?
- General Education (GE) course (3 units, 75+ students)
- Required GE Foundation course: Composition, Oral Communication, or Critical Thinking (3 units, 20-30 students)
- C/LA 195 “Intro to the Learning Community” (1 unit, 20-30 students)
What happens in C/LA 195?
- Participate in an interactive, discussion-based freshman seminar
- Explore CLA major/minor options and involvement opportunities
- Connect with fellow students, advisors, and faculty
- Earn credit towards graduation
Why participate in a Learning Community?
Students who participate in our learning communities feel more connected to the campus, are more knowledgeable about university resources, better understand academic online tools, and take advantage of involvement, research, internship, and study abroad opportunities.