Unit & Enrollment Rules
Students must meet certain unit requirements to graduate from CSULB. Students also must complete their degree within a certain amount of units depending on their major.
- Students must declare a major by the time they earn 60 units.
- A student can take an upper division (300 – 499) course once they have completed 30 units and have met any pre-requisites for the course.
- All CSULB students must complete a minimum of 120 units to graduate. Of these 120 units:
- A minimum of 30 units must be completed at CSULB
- A minimum of 40 upper division units is required
- A minimum of 24 upper division units must be completed at CSULB
- A maximum of eight (8) activity units may be applied toward graduation. Activity units include, but are not limited to, Kinesiology activity courses, Dance activity courses, etc.
- Transfer students may apply 70 units of transferrable coursework toward their bachelor’s degree. Additional transferrable coursework will receive subject credit only.
- A maximum of 24 semester units of College of Continuing and Profession Education (CCPE) Credit may be accepted toward a baccalaureate degree.