Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

Unit & Enrollment Rules

student taking notes

Students must meet certain unit requirements to graduate from CSULB. Students also must complete their degree within a certain amount of units depending on their major.

  • Students must declare a major by the time they earn 60 units.
  • A student can take an upper division (300 – 499) course once they have completed 30 units and have met any pre-requisites for the course.
  • All CSULB students must complete a minimum of 120 units to graduate. Of these 120 units:
    • A minimum of 30 units must be completed at CSULB
    • A minimum of 40 upper division units is required
    • A minimum of 24 upper division units must be completed at CSULB
  • A maximum of eight (8) activity units may be applied toward graduation. Activity units include, but are not limited to, Kinesiology activity courses, Dance activity courses, etc.
  • Transfer students may apply 70 units of transferrable coursework toward their bachelor’s degree. Additional transferrable coursework will receive subject credit only.
  • A maximum of 24 semester units of College of Continuing and Profession Education (CCPE) Credit may be accepted toward a baccalaureate degree.


Catalog Rights

Reactivation of Graduation