Value of the Liberal Arts Major –
Why Pick Our Degrees?
Our disciplines are important to helping students develop a working knowledge of the world and the issues and challenges facing us. By majoring/minoring in the Liberal Arts students will learn to:
- enhance their communication skills
- manage ideas and information
- analyze/problem-solve effectively
- function at a high level alone or with others in a group/team setting
- gain knowledge through action and experience
- represent the Liberal Arts and CSULB through their universality!
The true value of a degree is your ability to adapt to the complexities of society as a result of your major in the Liberal Arts.
To read more about majors or careers in the Liberal Arts, we recommend:
Academic Advising Student Learning Outcomes
Students who participate in the advising process can expect to achieve:
- An exploration of academic and career/life goals
- An integration of personal, academic, and career goals
- The ability to select general education, degree, and a major program of study
- An increased understanding of University policies and regulations
- Knowledge and information about University resources and services
Remember: You are responsible for your academic decisions. CSULB offers a wide variety of resources to help guide you regarding your academic pursuits, but ultimately, you must decide what is best for you.