Tracking Your Degree Progress
You can track your progress toward your degree using the Academic Requirements Report on My.CSULB. This report shows all courses and credit you have taken as well as requirements that have not yet been met. This is a vital tool to help you plan your schedule and ensure that you are on track toward graduation. See the Enrollment Services guide for step-by-step instructions on running your academic requirements report.
Running a What If Report
This function allows you to view an Academic Requirements Report that simulates a different major or minor than what you have declared.
- Select “What If Report” from the Academics drop-down menu in your Student Center
- Click on “Create New Report”
- Do not change anything under “Career Scenario”
- Select your What If major or minor under “Program Scenario”
- Academic Program – choose Undergraduate Degree
- Area of Study – select the major or minor you want to view
- You can also select a pre-major (ex: Pre-Economics) to see if you meet the declaration requirements
- Plan Term – select the current term for the most updated requirements
- Concentration – only necessary if there is a concentration or subplan within the major
- Subplan Term – select the current term if a concentration or subplan is used
- If desired, click on “browse course catalog” under “Course Scenarios” to see how classes you are planning to take in future semesters will be applied towards your requirements
- Click “Submit”
Reading the Report
Need help understanding your Academic Requirements Report? Read the Enrollment Services Guide.