What We Do
The ATLAS (Advising Teaching Liberal Arts Students) Network is the Advising Center for the College of Liberal Arts. We are a collaboration of professional advisors and faculty committed to the satisfaction and success of Liberal Arts students at CSULB. Our trained advisors are qualified to assist students with overall degree and General Education requirements. Advisors guide students in the exploration of degree options, review academic requirements, and troubleshoot student issues and concerns. We’re here to help you on your road to graduation, so contact us today!
Why Pick Our Degrees? – The Value of the Liberal Arts Major
- Analyze and problem solve effectively
- Gain and apply knowledge through action and experience
- Develop information and technological literacy
- Grow in understanding of and engagement with diversity
- Increase your opportunity for academic and personal success
- Represent the Liberal Arts and CSULB as global citizens
To read more about majors or careers in the Liberal Arts, we recommend:
- “The surprising institutions that refuse to drop the liberal arts” (The Hechinger Report, 2015)
- “Liberal arts prepare students for a changing world” (The Baltimore Sun, 2018)
- “Why liberal arts and the humanities are as important as engineering” (The Washington Post, 2018)
Drop-In Advising Hours
FRI: Not Available
FRI: Not Available
We encourage you to see your major department advisor for help with your class schedule, academic questions, and future plans (Graduation and graduate school programs).
Our appointments are limited to students who do not have a major department advisor, CLA Beach Pledge Program freshmen or transfers, and pre-majors who have received an email to see us about progress to degree. Drop-in advising is available for any Liberal Arts student.