If you are looking for advising within the College of Liberal Arts, ATLAS is a great place to start. However, often times there are forms, signatures, or class permissions that only Department Advisors can grant. In these cases, it would be best to contact your Department Advisor or stop by during their Office Hours. For advisor contact information, see our lists for CLA Undergraduate Advisors and CLA Graduate Advisors.
What Your Department Advisor Can Do For You
- Review department-specific major, minor, and certificate requirements
- Explain information on academic policies and procedures
- Aid in completing department advising forms, such as Credit/No Credit forms
- Offer campus resources
- Answer major-specific questions
- Submit substitutions and waivers
- Change your major (Department Advisors can only change majors into their own department’s programs)
If you have questions about majors or minors in other colleges, contact their Department Advisors.