The College of Liberal Arts and many CLA departments provide students with the opportunity to earn course credit toward their degrees by working as interns in a broad array of government, business, media, and community organizations. These internship courses offer students and community partners an opportunity to forge mutually beneficial relationships.
- Student interns develop professional skills and apply their liberal arts degrees to real world challenges, while exploring the realities of a potential future career. Check out this Political Science student’s internship with Mayor Garcetti.
- Internship sites gain motivated and talented team members as they increase their pool of recruits for future full-time positions.
- Faculty provide hands-on learning opportunities that help students connect the concepts learned in their courses to real world issues at their internship site.
Watch these videos to learn about the value of internships and how to find one.
How to Find an Internship
The CLA Career Readiness & Internship Programs Specialist
- Provides one-on-one internship and career coaching for CLA students
- Coordinates Career Readiness and Professional Development events and activities for CLA students
- Communicates and establishes internship partnerships with local and regional organizations
ATLAS, PH1 -104
Students are able to make an appointment with the Career Readiness and Internship Programs Specialist by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or online through SSC-Advising and Tutoring.