Part Time Lecturer
Sheila Henry – firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic specialties/ Area of interest:
- Africans in the Diaspora
- Civil Rights
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Stratification
- Research Methods
Education Information (degrees and Universities attended):
- B.Se.Hons. (Sociology); University of London , London , England
- M.A. (Sociology), UCLA
- Ph.D. (Sociology), UCLA
- >B/ST 319: The Ethnic Experience in the U.S.A.
Why I think a student should earn a degree in Black Studies.
- It provides the student with a foundation in African American history and culture and the experience of Africans, their descendents in the U.S.A.
- The above contributes to the African American students self- esteem and is a course of empowerment.
- Contributes to the student’s ethnic sensitivity in his or her professional life, especially in the “helping” professions.