- He teaches leadership theory and practicum for the Chicano and Latino Studies Department at CSULB.
- Robert was born and reared in East Los Angeles, where he still lives today. He considers himself a product of the overcrowded and poorly administered Los Angeles Unified School District. Nonetheless, he once worked as the Executive Director of the Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA, a subsidiary of the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles. In spite of what he feels was an inadequate K-12 education, he has continued his contributions, positively affecting the success and well-being of many students and young people.
- He has served in a leadership advisory capacity to student organizations such as Delta Sigma Chi, Latino Student Union, Chicano Latino Graduation Celebration and the Cambodian Leadership Program.
- He has also served on various boards and committees including the California Junior Chamber of Commerce Executive Board, Latino Alumni Association at CSULB, San Diego State University Leadership Institute Advisory Board and the CSULB Campus Climate Committee.
- Currently, he serves as the CSULB Campus Sponsor for the Latino/a College Leadership Institute.