Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society
- Candidates for undergraduate membershipmust have a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English. The candidate must have a minimum of a B or equivalent average in English and in general scholarship, must rank* at least in the highest thirty-five percent of his/her class, and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college course work. (Local chapters may raise, but not lower, these criteria.) *This requirement may also be interpreted as “have an overall B average in general scholarship.” (e.g., 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale).
- Candidates for graduate membership must be enrolled in a graduate program in English, or one of its specializations, have completed six semester hours of graduate work or the equivalent, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
Membership Enrollment Information
General Information and Instructions:
- The one-time Sigma Tau Delta initiation fee and lifetime Iota Pi chapter dues are $50.00 per person.
- Submit check or money order, payable to Sigma Tau Delta, Iota Pi, for $50.00.
- Provide your name exactly as you want it to appear on your membership certificate (check spelling carefully to prevent errors).
- Download the Membership Form (Word .doc).
Send member information, one (1) official transcript, and fees to:
Dr. Neil Hultgren, Faculty Advisor
Sigma Tau Delta, Iota Pi Chapter
Department of English-2403
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, California 90840-2403