Geography B.A. Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor’s of Arts in Geography, students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- understand the unifying themes of both human and physical geography as well as have a working knowledge of the discipline’s diverse conceptual and methodological approaches;
- demonstrate an ability to develop research questions, critically understand quantitative and qualitative data sources, data bias, and data analysis and presentation, and conduct research using primary and/or secondary source material;
- identify, characterize, and explain spatial patterns and structures, the interrelationship between people and places, and the interactions between nature and society;
- recognize applications of geography in everyday life; and,
- demonstrate an ability to present geographic concepts, approaches, methodologies, and applications in oral, written, and cartographic and other visual forms.