Donate to the Department of Geography!
Donors can send gifts to the general geography fund, which goes to support student research, projects, and equipment. This fund has been used in past years to support the purchase of some of our newest GISci lab equipment as well as equipment for our courses in physical and human geography.
In addition, donors can send gifts to our specific scholarships. These include the following:
- Frank Gossette Award (newly established, read more here)
- The fund for this Award was established in 2009 in honor of President Emeritus Dr. Frank Gossette. Once endowed, this Award will support graduate student research projects related to their master’s thesis.
- Rodney Steiner Award
- This Award was established by Dr. Rodney Steiner, CSULB Professor of Geography, 1956-1994. This award provides a stipend in return for 20 hours of service to the Department of Geography.
- Eileen Johanssen Award
- This Award was established in memory of Eileen Johansen, a 1989 alumna from the Department who died tragically in the summer of 1998. Eileen was the first GIS intern from teh CSULB Geography Department. This Award comes with a stipend and is dedicated to students who have made a meaningful contribution to the department community.
- Burton Anderson Award
- This Award was established by Mary Lou Anderson in 1979 to honor the memory of her husband, Dr. Burton Anderson, CSULB Professor of Geography from 1958 to 1979. This award is dedicated specifically to continuing undergraduate students who have acheived academic excellence in Geography.
To send a gift to one our specific funds when donating via the Internet, just hit the donate now button on the left hand side of this page. Next, type the funds name in the "additional comments" box at the bottom of the fillable form. When sending a check, just note the fund in the memo line of the check!
Donate as well to the Geography Student Association!
- GSA donations should should come via check. They can be sent directly to the Department of Geography at CSULB. Checks should be made out to CSULB Geography with the note "GSA Donation" in the memo line.