Christopher T. Lee, Ph.D.
Professor of Geography
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840
562 985-2358 | Fax: 562 985-8993
Christopher.Lee@csulb.edu | Office: PH1-203
My resaerch interests broadly apply to remote sensing, physical geography, and applications of geospatial techniques to core problems, such as emergency management, geospatial workforce development, landscape and terrain analysis, and national intelligence.
- BS, Northern Arizona University, Geography, 1978
- MA, CSU, Fullerton, Geography, 1982
- PhD, University of Arizona, Geography, 1990
- Ambos, E. L., C.M.Rodrigue, R.J. Behl, C.T. Lee, S.P. Wechsler, G. Holk, D.O. Larson, R.D Francis, and D. Whitney. 2005. Geoscience field studies at California State University at Long Beach: Urban applied research with a community focus. CUR Quarterly Vol.26, No.2. pp. 56-61.
- Wechsler, S.P., D.J.Whitney, E.L. Ambos, C.M. Rodrigue, C.T. Lee, R.J. Behl, D.O. Larson, R.D. Francis, Robert D., and G. Holk. 2005. Enhancing diversity in the geosciences. Journal of Geography Vol.104, No. 4 (July/August), pp.141-149.
- Whitney, D. J., R.J. Behl, E.L. Ambos, R.D. Francis, G. Holk, D.O. Larson, C.T. Lee, C.M. Rodrigue, and S.P. Wechsler. 2005. Ethnic differences in geoscience attitudes of college students. EOS Vol. 86, No. 30 (26 July): pp. 277-279.
- Dennison, P.E., Roberts, D.A., Thorgusen, S.R., Regelbrugge, J.C., Weise, D., and Lee, C.T., 2003. Modeling seasonal changes in live fuel moisture and equivalent water thickness using a cumulative water balance index. Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 88, pp. 442-452.
- Roberts, D.A., Dennison, P.E., Gardner, M., Hetzel, Y.L., Ustin, S.L., and Lee, C.T., 2003. Evaluation of the potential of Hyperion for fire danger assessment by comparison to the Airborne Visible Infrared Imaging Spectrometer. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 41, 1297-1310.
- Glenn, E.P., Lee, C.T., and Valdes-Casillas, C., 2001. Introduction: Colorado River Delta, special issue of Journal of Arid Environments, Volume 49, pp.1-4.
Honors and Awards
See Full CV here.