Lecturer in Geography
California State Univ., Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840
562 985-1862 or 562 985-8432 Fax: 562 985-8993
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: PH1-215
I teach physical geography and world regional geography at CSULB. I also teach environmental science at Long Beach City College. Recently I have completed the coursework for a Ph.D. in Geography at Texas State University-San Marcos. It is a non-traditional program where students attend classes during the summer. I am specifically interested in the use of educational technology in the field of geographic education. Prior to teaching I worked for fifteen years as an environmental professional at EARTH TECH which is located here in Long Beach. I primarily worked on the clean-up efforts at Edwards Air Force Base.
- Ph.D. in progress: Completed course work in Geography Ph.D. program at Texas State University- San Marcos.
- M.S. in Environmental Studies, Emphasis in Science, (Thesis Program), California State University-Fullerton, CA
- B.S. in Chemistry, California State University- Long Beach, CA
- Clear Single Subject Science and Math Credential, California State University-Long Beach, CA
- Houlton, S., C.W. Cooper, S. Fuhrman, J.L. Ostling, C. Perry, A. Wranic. Assessing 3-D Web-Mapping and Topographic Maps in Physical Geographic Education. Proceedings of the Applied Geography Conference 2009.
- Accepted publication for Latin American Conference on Learning Objects in October 2008, “Composite Learning Objects in Geographical Sciences: Experience from On-Line Collaboration.”
- “Pollutant Loadings Generated by Nonpoint Sources in the Santa Monica Drainage Basin: A Case Study,” Water Resources Management: Volume 8 No. 4 1994
- “Angel’s Wings Glacier, Jasper.” The California Geographer: Volume XL 2000. (Photograph)
- May 2008: Presentation at Texas State University, San Marcos, Geography Department “Creating a learning object on global warming.” View website at www.geography.wranic.com
- April 06, 2005: Presentation for Student Teachers Single Subject Credential Program “Geography in the High School Classroom.”
- April 2004:Prepared and conducted instruction for CA Geographical Society’s field trip on the “Bolsa Chica Wetlands Environment” for 40 adult learners.
- May 2001, CSULB Geography Department: Presentation for Internship class on “Working at Earth Tech, an Environmental Consulting Firm.“