Posted on June 25, 2013 by Audrey
Today I worked on extracting the trees from the ferns. I finally decided to write down all of the mean values for each object that I want to classify as ferns. I found that all of the numbers are fairly far apart from each other and even if they are close, the range is still wide enough to include lots of unwanted objects in the classification. I was surprised to see that the grass was extracted pretty easily but the trees are the most difficult to extract because the range of values covered by trees is similar to the range covered by the ferns.
I am going to continue trying to extract the trees but I will also start preparing for my presentation and work on the poster tomorrow. I hope that I can come up with a better solution tomorrow.