Posted on June 26, 2013 by 012557556
Last day out in the field! And it was a rainy one. Since it had been raining all morning, there were puddles on the ground and on the roads for the first time since we got here. There were only a few of us left. The barn had captured the rest of us. We made it down to Dr. Becker’s place and after trying the 200MHz GPR on the road with no avail, we decided to drag the 400MHz along Kahana Bay. We got there, calibrated the GPR, and started walking. While we thought we got some interesting returns that may have indicated fresh water seeps, there was too much overwhelming noise. Also… we switched the battery on the way back and got nothing. I Was dragging a conductivity log in the water parallel to them to see if we got a change. But unless we can get the GPR data off the computer, it won’t be worth it.
When I got back I started my first night of intense working. I finally got to work with some imagery! I took the pansharpened WV2 imagery, ran the principal component tool, and did a supervised classification. I am going to try another supervised classification with different parameters and possibly a different band combination to bring out the coral (based on my readings, a lot of people said that the red edge and near IR1 tend to separate coral from rocks… time to put it to the test). Take a look at my first attempt!