Part of the training we will focus on is the use of instrumentation and software for generating information about landscapes. Our current array of instruments include:
- Gatewing X100 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. This is a fixed wing aircraft that is guided by an autopilot and designed explictly for taking low elevation aerial photographs. The imagery produced is ca. 5-cm in resolution. Includes a Trimble Yuma groundstation.
- JDrones Hexacopter. This in open source autopiloted multi-copter built on the ArduPilot software and Arduino hardware.
- SkyDoc 9′ Blimp System
- SkyDoc 15′ Blimp System
- Kite Photography System
- EPP2000 Photospectrometer. Portable UV-VIS spectrometer for 280-900nm, 100um slit, concave holographic grating.
- Ricoh GR III calibrated digital camera (12 MP)
- Ricoh GR III digital camera (12 MP) altered to take imagery in the near infrared bands
- GoPro Hero 2 Digital Camera
- ContourGPS Digital Camera (with built-in GPS)
- Trimble ProXR GPS
- Trimble ProXH GPS
- Trimble Ag132 GPS system
- Trimble Ag214 Differential GPS system
- GSSI SIR-3000 Ground Penetrating Radar
- Geometrics 858 Cesium Vapor Magnetometer
- Geometric 856 Proton Magnetometer
- Geometrics OhmMapper Resistivity Mapper
- Geoscan EM38 Conductivty Meter