Geography Research and Teaching Resources @ The Beach
Geosciences Diversity Enhancement Project (GDEP)
- A research- and teaching-based project that seeks to expand access to the Geosciences for under-represented groups in Southern California.
- A CSU Center for interdisciplinary research integrating physical, natural, and social science research.
- A CSU Center of research and outreach focusing on issues related to homelessness, drug use, and HIV/AIDS prevention.
- CSU Department of Geography serves as one of the North American nodes in this global network of scholars, activists, and community organizers interested in democracy.
- This program is designed to increase the pool of eligible applications for positions in the intelligence community for students of all backgrounds. Click here for details on the CSULB program.
Mars Geography Network
- An organizational network for sharing and collaboration among geographers interested in the study of Mars.
- This site catalogues the Department video library and also catalogues and updates information on films relevant to the teaching of geography at CSULB.
Organizations in Geography and Affiliate Fields
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- Association of Pacific Coast Geographers (APGC)
- California Geographical Society (CGS)
- Los Angeles Geographical Society (LAGS)
- American Geographical Society (AGS)
- Society of Women Geographers (SWIG)
- National Council on Geographic Education (NCGE)
- North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS)
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
- University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS)
- National Geographic
- National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis (NGCIA)
- University Space Research Association (USRA)
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- United States Census Bureau
- Sigma Xi