- Email: Beth.Manke@csulb.edu
- Phone: 562.985-2123
Dr. Manke’s research focuses on the interplay of children’s familial relationships, broader contextual factors and developmental outcomes. Her current research project funded by the National Institutes of Mental Health addresses the role siblings play in children’s coping with type 2 diabetes. Dr. Manke also collaborates with several youth-serving agencies (i.e., tutoring-mentoring programs, character education companies) to complete long-term evaluation studies. Dr. Manke is currently serving as the program evaluator for the CSULB art museum.
M.S. (1993) and Ph.D. (1995) in Human Development from the Pennsylvania State University
- HDEV 180 – Life Span Human Development
- HDEV 307I – Approaches to Childhood and Adolescence
- HDEV 470 – Seminar and Practicum
- CLA 230 – Home in Comparative Perspective