- Please search a list of practicum sites where students have previously found successful placements by opening the Excel speadsheet in the link above.
- Search the CCE database for CSULB-affliated practicum sites
- Find a practicum placement with HDEV faculty and with special community agencies
All graduating Human Development students are required to take HDEV 470 Practicum/Seminar, which entails the completion of a 90-hours of work at a practicum site. HDEV 470 is designed for students to explore a career goal in the last year of their undergraduate experience. All students in HDEV 470 must volunteer in a practicum site for 6 hours per week throughout the semester. Practicum sites in Human Development are chosen by the student, with oversight by the HDEV instructor.
To obtain a permit for HDEV 470, students must:
- be a graduating senior, with a major in Human Development;
- have completed with “C” or better grade all the prerequisite courses (HDEV 250, 307, 320, 357, 340 or 360);
- submit an Application Form and Academic Requirements Report (see below) to the HDEV office by Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 12:00 noon.
- attend a mandatory orientation meeting (see below for schedule);
- obtain consent of the instructor;
- read and agree to follow the guidelines for finding a practicum site.
Orientation schedule and application procedures can be found below. Pay special attention to dates and deadlines.
No exceptions or extensions will be made.
HDEV 470 permits will be issued in late October.
You must submit the following forms to the Human Development department office (LA3-202). Deadline is Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 12:00 noon. No exceptions.
- A completed Application Form for HDEV 470: Seminar/Practicum.
- A copy of the Academic Requirement Report from MyCSULB.
You must attend one of the mandatory orientation meetings:
- Monday, October 12, 2015 at 12:30 PM in SPA-109
- Monday, October 12, 2015 at 2:00 PM in LA5-261
- Monday, October 12, 2015 at 7:00 PM in LA1-301
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM in LA5-167
RSVP is not required. Late students will not be admitted to the orientation session. No exceptions.
Forms and More Resources
Please contact Dr. Kimberly Kelly at Kimberly.Kelly@csulb.edu, the Human Development Internship Coordinator, with questions about HDEV 470.