HDEV 470 Guidelines
All graduating Human Development students are required to take HDEV 470 Practicum/Seminar, which entails the completion of a 90-hours of work at a practicum site. HDEV 470 is designed for students to explore a career goal in the last year of their undergraduate experience. All students in HDEV 470 must volunteer in a practicum site for 6 hours per week throughout the semester. Practicum sites in Human Development are chosen by the student, with oversight by the HDEV instructor.
To obtain a permit for HDEV 470, students must:
- be a graduating senior, with a major in Human Development;
- have taken all the prerequisite courses (HDEV 250, 307, 320, 357, 360);
- submit an Application Form and Academic Requirements Report (see below) to the HDEV office by Wednesday, March 11th at Noon;
- attend a mandatory orientation meeting (see below for schedule);
- obtain consent of the instructor;
- read and agree to follow the guidelines for finding a practicum site.
Orientation schedule and application procedures can be found below. Pay special attention to dates and deadlines.
No exceptions or extensions will be made.
HDEV 470 permits will be issued in late March.
You must submit the following forms to the Human Development department office (PSY-205). Deadline is Wednesday, March 11th at Noon. No exceptions.
- A completed Application Form for HDEV 470: Seminar/Practicum.
- A copy of the Academic Requirement Report from MyCSULB.
You must attend one of the mandatory orientation meetings:
Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM in PH1-112
Monday, March 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM in LA5-247
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 3:00 PM in LA5-247
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM in LA5-247
RSVP is not required.
HDEV Internship Fair
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015: HDEV Dept. will host an Internship Fair in the courtyard between LA2 and LA3 from 1-3 PM.
- More information coming soon!
- Search the CCE database for CSULB-affliated practicum sites
- Find a practicum placement with HDEV faculty and with special community agencies
Forms and More Resources
Please contact Dr. Beth Manke (Beth.Manke@csulb.edu), the Human Development Internship Coordinator, with questions about HDEV 470.