For any questions not answered below, please contact Rebekha.Abbuhl@csulb.edu.
There is a two-step process for applying to the linguistics graduate program.
(2) Then apply to the linguistics department, using the department’s Graduate Application Form.
Please send the completed application to:
Dr. Rebekha Abbuhl
Department of Linguistics
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, California 90840-0902
Requirements for admission
The general university minimum requirements include:
- Completion of a four-year college course of study leading to an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Good standing at the last college or university attended.
- An English language demonstration for applicants who do not have a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a U.S. accredited institution.
The Linguistics department additionally requires:
- A GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units attempted, excluding lower division and extension coursework taken after the degree.