Anthropology and Linguistics Lab (PSY 422)
The lab offers:
- Mac and PC stations, laptops
- software for video and audio editing, statistical analysis, acoustic analysis, linguistic database analysis
- video equipment: camcorders, digital cameras, tripods
- audio equipment: MP3 recorders, tape recorders, microphones
- video projectors, DVD and VHS players
Students in Linguistics courses can borrow equipment for their coursework. Check-out is usually for 3 days. We recommend reserving equipment a week in advance.
Long term check-out is available to graduate students with faculty permission.
Linguistics Multi-purpose Room (PSY 438G)
Students and faculty can reserve the room for:
- Fieldwork elicitation sessions
- Making recordings
- Running experiments
- Other linguistics-related purposes
Reservations can be made by contacting the lab assistants.
It will also be open at selected times during the semester as a drop-in lounge space.
- Miyoki Chan
- Craig Chisholm
- Carla Gordon
- Jordan Hitchens
- Violet Paley
- Joey Rowe