Get hands-on experience while pursuing your degree in Political Science!
The Political Science Department at CSULB has a variety of internship courses. In most cases, students enroll individually in what is, in effect, a directed study course. They receive up to 3 units of academic credit for the internship but do not take a course on campus. Instead, they complete a variety of academic assignments related to their internship – assignments that are supervised and graded by the Department’s Internship Director. Internship courses may be taken for a letter grade or CR/NC. Internships can be used to fulfill the department’s practicum requirement. You should consult the Internship Director to see which option is best for your situation.
Once you have found an internship and been accepted by the organization, you must contact the Internship Director so that s/he can approve the placement and make sure that CSULB has a “site” agreement with that organization. Either forward the name of the organization and your supervisor to the internship director or ask that your supervisor contact the Internship Director by email. Either works, but timing is important: you can’t get started until these details are worked out.
Director: Dr. Kevin Wallsten
This following describes the various course offerings and their requirements:
You must also fill out an application form and submit it to the Internship Director.
- Sacramento Semester Internship Cal State D.C. Internship Program
- Internship with Equality California
- Internship with the Office of Assemblymember Allan Monsoor
- Internship with Senator Fienstein
- Internship with the Long Beach City Clerk Department
- Internship with Councilman Dee Andrews
- Internship with Wendy Gruel for the 33rd Congressional District
- Self Help Legal Access Center Volunteer Opportunity Flyer
- Self Help Legal Access Center Volunteer Application
- Internship with Assemblyman Travis Allen