1907 (renamed the Empress Grand & Hart Theatre; later named the Strand Theatre)
Address: 317-319, The Pike
Capacity: 1,500 seats
Some point after 1915, the name was changed to the "Strand Theatre", and this Strand Theatre closed on Jan. 7, 1929; then another theatre entirely, formerly the Otis Hoyt’s Pantages (see Hoyt Theatre) became the "New Strand" at another location.
1915 photo showing the Bentley Grand Theatre at the Pike, with the Virginia Hotel dominating to the right, Historical Society of Long Beach
The Strand Theatre is outlined in yellow; photo courtesy of the Ronald W. Mahan & Joseph J. Musil Photo Theatre Collection