Welcome! The sociology department has two faculty advisors this year to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
• Help with short and long-term class planning.
• Explain graduation requirements.
• Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
• Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
Our advisors for 2014-2015 are:
Dr. Oliver Wang (PSY 140)
Dr. Kerry Woodward PSY 139)
(Please do not email advisors directly with your questions unless specifically instructed to do so).
We offer two kinds of major advising:
1. Drop-in Advising. During the following times, you can meet with these advisors on a first come, first serve basis:
- MON 10:30am-1:00pm (Wang, PSY 140)
- MON 2:00-4:00pm (Woodward, PSY 139) No advising on Tues., Feb. 24
- TUES 9:30am-12:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- TUES 1:00-3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- WED 9:30am-10:30am (Woodward, PSY 139)
- WED 10:00am-11:00am (Wang, PSY 140)
- WED 1:30-3:00pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
2. Phone Advising. Students can speak to an advisor by phone but must sign up ahead of time using a special appointment page.
- THU 9:30am-11am (Wang)