Welcome! The sociology department offers advising during the academic year and summer to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
- Help with short and long-term class planning.
- Explain graduation requirements.
- Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
- Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
COVID-19 UPDATE: All Department Advising is now being conducted via email, phone or Zoom.
The sociology department currently has three advisors:
- Dr. Sabrina Alimahomed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Steven Osuna (email@example.com)
- Dr. Kerry Woodward (firstname.lastname@example.org (and, to be used only during scheduled advising hours – 562-985-4236)
There are a few options to receive advising during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. You can email us your advising questions at your convenience (please email one advisor). We will respond to your email likely during our advising hours, or sooner, if possible. For more complicated questions, we may ask to arrange a time to talk via phone or zoom.
2. We will be available by email, phone, and/or zoom to answer questions during our posted advising hours.
3. You can email an advisor to schedule advising via zoom or phone during our normally scheduled hours. When you send us an email, please send us your phone number and we can call you at the time we agree upon. For zoom, we can send you an invite to log on and speak with us.
See the calendar below for this semester’s advising hours.
General advising questions can be emailed to: Sociology.Advising@csulb.edu