Dr. Esa Syeed, Assistant Professor
Phone: (562) 985-5690
- SOC 354 – Qualitative Methods
- SOC 427 – Social Order and Social Change
Research & Teaching Interests:
- Urban Education; Social Movements; Qualitative Methods; Race/Ethnicity
- Georgetown University, BA
- American University, MA
- New York University, Sociology of Education, Ph.D.
- Syeed, Esa. 2017. “An Open and Shut Case: Comparing Outcomes of School Closures in Washington, D.C.” In The Costs of School Closures. Ed. Ebony Duncan.
- Syeed, Esa. 2015 (Oct 2). “Don’t Call it a Comeback for Neighborhood Schools.” Shelterforce. National Housing Institute. Winter 2015-2016.
- Syeed, Esa and Pedro Noguera. 2014. “When Parents United: A Historical Case Study Examining the Changing Civic Landscape of American Urban Education Reform.” Journal of Social Science Education 13(4): 122-139.