Dr. Sabrina Alimahomed, Assistant Professor
(Joint appointment with Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies)
Phone: (562) 985-7892
- Race, Class, Gender (Soc. 346)
- Race, Racism, and Racial Relations (Soc. 536)
- Bodies and Borders, Feminism and Globalization (WGSS 401)
- Race, gender, class, sexuality; race and ethnic relations; transnational feminisms; War on Terror; U.S. Muslim communities; homeland security; women of color feminisms
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies, UC Berkeley, 2001
- M.A., Ph.D. Sociology, UC Riverside, 2011
- Alimahomed, Sabrina. 2014. “Homeland Security Inc.: Public Order, Private Profit.” Race & Class: A Journal on Empire, Racism, and Globalization 55(4): 82-99..
- Alimahomed, Sabrina. 2011. “Generation Islam: Arab Americans and Racial Politics after 9/11.” Race/Ethnicity: Multidisciplinary Global Contexts 4(3): 381-397.
- Alimahomed, Sabrina. 2010. “Thinking Outside of the Rainbow: Women of Color Redefining Queer Politics and Identity.” Social Identities: Journal of Race, Nation, and Culture 16(2): 151-168.
- Edna Bonacich, Sabrina Alimahomed, and Jake B. Wilson. 2008. “The Racialization of Global Labor.” American Behavioral Scientist 52(3): 342-355.