Dr. Varisa Patraporn, Assistant Professor
Phone: (562) 985-4607
- Introduction to Data Methods (SOC 270)
- Research methods (SOC 354, 355, 696)
- Urban sociology and policy (SOC 540)
- Race/Ethnicity, Immigration and Community Economic Development
- B.A. (cum laude) in Political Science (Honors) and Sociology, UC Irvine
- Master of Public Policy, UCLA
- Ph.D. Urban Planning, UCLA
- Patraporn R. Varisa. 2015. “Complex Transactions: Community Development Financial Institutions Lending to Ethnic Entrepreneurs in Los Angeles” Community Development 46(5).
- Patraporn, R. Varisa, Diem Linda Tran and Paul M. Ong. 2015. “Risk and Rewards: Asian American Homeownership and Foreclosure in East San Gabriel Valley, CA” AAPI Nexus Journal: Policy, Practice and Community 13(1&2).
- Patraporn, R. V., Pfeiffer, D. and Ong, P.M (2010). “Building Bridges to the Middle Class: The Role of Community Based Organizations in Asian American Wealth Accumulation.” Economic Development Quarterly, 24(4), 288-303.
- Patraporn, R. V., Ong, P. and Houston, D. (2009). “Closing the Asian White Wealth Gap?” Asian American Policy Review, 18, 35-48.
- Ong, P. and Patraporn. R.V. (2006). “Asian American Wealth.” In Jessica Gordon Nembhard and Ngina Chiteji (Eds.), Wealth Accumulation and Communities of Color in the United States: Current Issues (Pp. 173-190), Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press.