Posted on March 27, 2014
Major: International Studies
Degree(s): MA in International Relations and International Economics, Johns Hopkins University Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), class of 2013; BA in International Studies, California State University – Long Beach, class of 2009.
Lia Nitake has a variety of passions ranging from her time as a competitive figure skater to her passion for international business. Before earning her degree at CSULB in 2009, Lia was a competitive figure skater for 10 years, earning the title of International Team Member and National Medalist. Lia graduated Magna Cum Laude from CSULB in 2009 and was a finalist for “Best Thesis Award” in a department of over 900 students. Her thesis was titled “The Legacies of Two World War II Concentration Camps.” During her time at Johns Hopkins University, Lia earned an SAIS Fellowship and graduated with her MA in 2013. Lia currently works as a Consultant at the World Bank in Washington, D.C.
Lia’s Professional Road Map:
- Consultant, The World Bank
- International Trade Administration Intern, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Junior Research Fellow, Carnegie Europe
- Figure Skating Coach, East West Ice Palace
- Intern, United Nations Association of Orange County
- Figure Skating Coach, Logitech Ice Arena